Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Laundry List











I really thought after school was out that I'd blog more, not less! Here I must insert the gratuitous pictures of my puppy, Mia, and Crystal, her mentor in all things harmonious and dog-like.




My dear friends up and moved to Rochester, NY. I helped them a little in those last few days. It is a massive undertaking to move an entire household across the country. They gave me their aquarium and I 'm having a lot of fun watching the fish.




Anyone in central California knows about all the fires we have burning in every direction. The smoke is really awful. I'm waking at night coughing, unable to breathe well. Yuck!


My little tadpoles have turned into froglets. They eat wingless fruitflies now and soon will eat tiny crickets. They are so cute. As soon as they are big enough to avoid cannilbalistic attacks, I will put them back with their parents.


A high school friend of TestCase's just showed up for a visit -with her baby! Don't know too many particulars but I do know she's terribly young and not married. This girl's parents had a bad divorce when she was young. Then there were remarriages and new kids and she kind of got lost in the shuffle. I guess she just wants to have her own little family. I wish her luck, it will be a hard road. The baby is very cute, obviously healthy, and well cared for.


The last thing on the list involves a cell phone and a busy swimming schedule. Warrior Princess swims everyday for swim team and twice a week for water polo. She accidently left her phone in the locker room at the high school where her H2O polo matches were being played. Naturally, it wasn't turned in -it's gone. Hubby and I said, "Too bad you'll be without a phone". TestCase had the day off yesterday and he went out and bought her a new phone!


On one hand, we really wanted her to suffer the consequences. We were going to make her buy her own phone. Then again, that was a super sweet thing for big brother to do for her! I lectured them both. (and they heard, wah, wah, wah) I do think she'll be more careful with this one.






14 comments:

bellygirl said...

cute babies!!

gotta say, that was an awesome thing for a big brother. she'll remember that forever:0)

JoJo said...

Your pets are sooooo cute! And what an awesome thing for WP's brother to do for her.

It's so early in the year for California to be on fire....it doesn't bode well for the rest of the summer and fall.

Claire said...

kris -now she knows being late to the party is not always a bad thing :)
jojo -thanks. yeah, the air is rated 'unhealthy' even for normal people. WP's swim practices and tomorrows meet was canceled due to health concerns.
woo hoo, we get to sleep in!
boo, we can't breath :(

G said...

That was very sweet of Test Case! He's an awesome big brother. Such a kindness trumps the ole suffering of consequences I have to agree.

Hope the smoke clears soon - that can't be good. Oh and beautiful puppies. That Mia is too cute for words.

It seems when you're home, there's even less time to blog.

Night Seductress said...

hello! it's been forever since i've been here. this is the old loreal, but have started a new blog. unrelated to vincent, just about me. i just thought i'd stop by and say hi!

oh and i know exactly what you mean, about kids getting pregnant so early. have you heard about that pact the high schoolers made to GET pregnant? all within the ages of 14 and 16. it's terrible!

val said...

I'm mean. I would have confiscated the new phone.

Claire said...

g -tis true. I end up seeing all the crud that builds up and feel I must Do Something.

beautiful deceit -wow, so wonderful to hear from you! I'll check out your new blog. Here's an update on that girl: She's a stripper. That is how she supports herself and her sweet little baby. Her mom babysits at night while she 'works'. That's so sad. Good to hear from you!

val -OMG, you are that little voice in my mind that is bothered about this situation.

Jane said...

You have fires, we have floods and tornadoes....I'm ready for winter!

Seriously, I hope the burning stops soon. It's not good to live in smoke.

Claire said...

tess -the smoke situation has improved. Now we're in the 'moderate' range instead of 'unhealthy'. I dream of one day opening my windows again...

Jocelyn said...

I'm with you: I can't believe how much less blogging time I have now that school's done. I need to get back into my office!

We've had 13 tadpoles this year, and they've all died. We are wiping out the future of frogs. Dang.

Your TestCase is a honey.

Claire said...

jocelyn -here's the tricky thing about tadpoles: When they are metamorphosizing, towards the end they are vulnerable (don't really know why), and they need to be fed live food appropriate to their size. If they don't begin feeding, they will die, even if they still have a bit of tail.

Axe said...

Aww I feel so sorry for the young girl with the baby....flashbacks. I wish her well.

CRYSTAL is adorable, hon!!! My kinda dog, that! So cute!

Unknown said...

My sister's eldest has had her phone stolen more times than I care to mention. She's always upset by it, as she takes exceptional care of her belongings. But that's life in South Africa, I guess. Almost everyone I know was robbed this weekend. It's getting crazy.

Post pictures of the froggies ASAP.

The Nemesing One said...

Wow, you're quite the animal lover. I think that's cool. I can also see why you hate my blog so much. Oh well. I think yours is awesome. Sorry about the fires. That must be kind of scary.