Friday, August 25, 2006

TGIF!
Back to work week has been crazy. My former duties as "good cop" teacher have been replaced unfortunately. I am now starring in the role as fourth grade "bad cop". My partner is new at this and the smarty-pants crowd is starting to run circles around her. I must now be an ass-kicker :(

Meanwhile, I am committing that most odious of parental sins, *living vicariously through your child* My sweet football playin' son emails almost everyday because he is a little homesick and his life is a virtual rollercoaster right now. It all sounds so exciting. I wish my college experience (and life) could have been like his. Oh well, they say you have two chances to enjoy a happy family- once as a child and again as a parent. I took my chances with the second half, it worked, but now he's gone!! Really, though I am happy for him.

I haven't cried about all this... yet. I almost lost it when his dog pulled his dirty pillow cases out of the laundry pile and sniffed them. She spread them out on the floor and rubbed her snout on them. Poor Chrissy! The best dog ever.

1 comment:

ann said...

Claire, the first time my eldest son left home... he went abroad to study at 18, the pain in my chest was so palpable and someone put it to me that when they leave home is when the umbilical cord is really cut.

Hope school gets better. I could never teach... those kids would have me round their little fingers, but I was a school bursar for ten years. The children would come in the office and ask for the 'nice' lady... because I never knew how to say no to them.

It's a holiday here in England... no work today.... hooooooray.

have a great week

lotsa luv ann xxxx