Thursday, March 15, 2007

Do Over: And Now for Something Completely Horrible

For about 12 hours yesterday I posted pictures of my oldest son's completely offensive t-shirts. I mentioned that I banned him from wearing them at home. I woke up this morning and deleted that post and the most awful pics of the collection. These are a few that aren't quite so bad. Test Case has a friend whose shirt is so bad his own grandma pays him NOT to wear it!
This is obviously done for shock value. And it works...
I don't think any girls would like these, but Test Case had a bad break up fairly recently so he is not happy with girls right now. Mostly these guys wear the (offensive)shirts under other shirts and sweatshirts. They wear them hanging around each other. I think there might be a secret contest to see who can be the most disgusting! The other issue that bugged me was that I posted a warning as to the rated "R" nature of the post, however, blogger being the bitch it can be decided the warning needed to come after the pics. Then it wouldn't let me edit. Argh!








15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yikes. I guess it's all about being provocative and such. But my, my...

JoJo said...

Well.....boys will be boys.... they are kind of amusing though. Is this the son that goes to school in Oregon?

And I did my share of "shock value" dressing when I was a kid too - the punk rock look did not go over well w/ my family at all.

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Ugh - can you spell m-i-s-o-g-y-n-y? It makes me sad that relationships between the sexes have come to this. But, as my son so often reminds me, "Men are pond scum" tends to be among my favorite statements, so I am as guilty as anyone else!

Malnurtured Snay said...

Here's an interesting fact I learned from my 'History of the English Language' class. We were spending the day talking about how words change meaning over time, and there used to be a generic word for 'sweetheart' or 'loved one', that word was "cor." Over time, that word evolved into "whore." So, technically, I suppose, he could be saying, "You Are All My Loved Ones." How sweet, eh?

Claire said...

jocelyn- it is all about provocation and they tell me it is funny.haha

jojo-No, this is Test Case aka seizure boy. That's it, I'm blamin' on his epilepsy, yeah it ah caused some weird brain malfunction...

K+ - yes he is definitely feeling spiteful towards the womenfolk, but he also thinks it is funny (?).

snay-thank you for the lesson, I feel soooo much better about my misogynistic son. He can actually be sweet to me, his mother. I think though, if I were a 20-something girl I'd run away like my hair was on fire.

ann said...

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... and these are the best of the rest, oh dear!!!

lotsa luv ann xxxx

p.s. you know you can drag pics

robkroese said...

I'd let my kid wear these. He'd need all of them, as he'd be sleeping outside.

fezzi said...

whoa! i think i'm glad i didn't see yesterdays post!

Claire said...

Don't forget, he is a 21 and makes his own clothing decisions, as your kids will when they get older. He does not wear these shirts in my house because I do not want his sister to see them (and neither does he).

Malnurtured Snay said...

I also like the shirt urging women against giving in to the artificial standards of Hollywood beauty.

Claire said...

snay- ya know, that's one that I personally think is funny. But don't think for a minute that I would tell him that!

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the support. Do you want to order my t-shirt? ;)

Or maybe straighten out your son in the proper way to treat a lady.

Rose

xo

robkroese said...

Claire, come play in my caption contest!

Jacob said...

I must go see if you played in Diesel's caption contest....

I have a T-shirt from "Chicago" that I wear under my uniform shirt and have always wanted to unzip to expose it to a jury when I'm in the courtroom: "Not Guilty" Think they'd declare a mistrial? Think I'd get fired? Think I could move back in with the parents down in Turlock?

G said...

I thought I had commented on this one. Is the last one for fomal occassions?