Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stunned into Silence

There's been an evil rip in the psychic fabric of the collective unconsciousness and it has made me depressed. Virginia is my home state. My brother graduated from VT. Another brother is an English professor at another so.VA college. I have a son away at college. Yesterday there was a bomb scare and evacuation at the ISO (controls a big part of the CA electrical grid) and it is in my town. Everyone I personally know is fine, but I can't shake the malaise. I'm going to spend a little QT in my garden and figure out where to put my outside worm farm.

:(

8 comments:

fezzi said...

oh i'm so glad your people are ok. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. hope you're feeling better soon:)

Malnurtured Snay said...

Oh jeez Claire. I'm glad your family is okay.

Axe said...

Hope you are feeling much better now, hon!
Just wanted to say thanks for the beautiful card and the little something.

Thanks so much for your good wishes!!!

xxx

JoJo said...

Oh Claire, I had no idea that your ties ran so deep to the state of VA and VT itself. I'm so sorry, but am glad that your family is safe.

It's just been too hard to comprehend.

val said...

I hope your wormy thoughts comfort and calm you. They certainly make more sense than anything humans do.

Jacob said...

When I read the words "outside worm farm" I felt a surge of hope. What has pulled me back out from the tornado of chaos has always been something like your worm farm, Claire. I am not as connected. No one I know lives near the geographical tragedy. But we all live in the heart of what has happened. That something like this could happen is just too much.

I just read what Val said. I'm on the same track. Worm on, Sister. Farm that hope.

ann said...

I don't know what I can add... my words would not express adequately my feelings for all those poor families

robkroese said...

Wow, I didn't realize this hit you so close. I like the way Gawpo said it: Worm on! Worms are small and nobody thinks much of them, but they work quietly and slowly, cleaning things up and making things better.