Sunday, April 08, 2007

What's the buzz? Tell Me What's Happening



"One thing I'll say for him- Jesus is cool"

-Caiaphas (according to Tim Rice)

"Hey JC, JC you're alright by me
Sanna Ho Sanna Hey Superstar"

"Everytime I look at you I don't understand
Why you let the things you did get so out of hand
You'd have managed better if you'd had it planned
Why'd you choose such a backward time
and such a strange land?
If you'd come today you would have reached a whole nation
Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication
Don't you get me wrong - I only want to know"

- Judas (from the rock opera, Jesus Christ Superstar)

I love this music and I had some alone time today while preparing Easter dinner, so I got to listen to this again.
Jesus, the original rebel- the original superstar.

12 comments:

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

I was thinking about this on Friday. We use some of the "Godspell" music in our children's Good Friday liturgy and I always think of the two together! Easter blessings to you and yours!

JoJo said...

I wasn't as familiar w/ this musical as I was Godspell, of which I used to have the soundtrack album.

Jane said...

Oh God. (Sorry) I love Jesus Christ Superstar. When I was little I would sit outside my brother's room and listen when he played it. (He was 17, I wasn't allowed in his room!)

'I don't know how to love him'. Great song.

Malnurtured Snay said...

What is that on the cover?!

fezzi said...

i can't believe i've never seen or heard this b4! i thought about going when it came to southbend with donnie osmond, but didn't...

robkroese said...

You know, as our church's treasurer, I'm finding that I have more sympathy for Judas these days.

Jocelyn said...

I always get Godspell and Jesus Christ, Superstar mixed up. My dad directed musicals, and he must have done them both the same year. I'll never get 'em straight.

At any rate, I can beller "Preeeeeeepare ye, the way of the Lord" with the best of them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire, just wanted to stop by and say hi. Been busy writing and getting ready for visitors tomorrow. Gonna have a blast. :)

Rose

xo

Claire said...

JC Superstar is an oldie but goodie as they say. I took FPM to see it when he was a small boy (he's the only one in the fam with the god gene like me). Always entertaining.
snay- don't know, angels?
Diesel- this rock opera is sympathetic to Judas. Jesus is also protrayed as a man who in spite of his faith, has doubts. oh yeah, he's cool too.

C said...

I can't believe I have yet to see that. Is it available on DVD, or can you only see it live?

That's a great collection of quotes. :)

ann said...

Hand on heart, confession time, I've never seen the show, but I adored Godspell and Joseph...

Jacob said...

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!! I go around singing this song all the time. My favorite thing to do is sing it in front of someone and then pause for a really long time at: "..tell me what's a.......................happening."

Cool stuff.