Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Romance Reader's Delight: Real Magic

I've never read anything quite like it ... er, because I don't usually read romance novels. But I'm nothing if not a loyal blog-pal so I'm pimping another book, Real Magic.

Real Magic, a romance-fantasy, tells the story of a successful, selfish businessman named Leo and a young, hot, but confused woman named Cassie. Their unlikely meeting and fateful romance is the heart of this novel. The fantasy part occurs via Cassie. Is she a witch who is evil or a victim of evil? Throw in Cassie's annoying mother and a surly, self confident bad guy and presto, you have conflict. Oh yeah, there's lots of sex too (if you like that kind of thing, wink, wink!). So head on over to Brian's place and check it out. I think Chapter 1 is up for free.

Do you think true love is the real magic?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Claire for the review and I'm glad you enjoyed "Real Magic". I know the sex scenes probably turned you off. ;)

If anyone is interested in the direct link in order to purchase my book, I will be very grateful, go to Outskirts Press for more information.

Thanks again Claire. :)

Jocelyn said...

So if I don't like the book, will that mean I don't like sex?

Sounds like a risky (risque!) read.

I like you as pimp.

C said...

Oh man! This sounds lke one I turned down for review. I wonder if it's the same one. Shoulda gone for it!

val said...

That's an interesting opening. You have to wonder why he's looking at her tits when, as he's lying flat on his back on the ground, it should be her knickers (or lack or). Mmm.

Anonymous said...

You see, Cassie runs over Leo and when he's lying on his back, she standing above him, but not close.

She doesn't want anything to do with him, but events quickly spiral out of control.

It's a great book and I wrote Cassie's parts and the sex scenes. ;)

Rose

xo

Deadman said...

"Do you think true love is the real magic?"

I think J. Geils said it best...

;o)>

Dang girlie posts...

Jane said...

Why does it always have to be 'young and hot'? Why can't it be 46 and hot (Gee, I wonder what my age is?)

But, if you're giving it a good review, I must check it out!

dmarks said...

I love fantasy novels, but don't like romance novels. Does it have swordfights? Zombies? Or even maps?

Cave-creature trying to bite a magic ring off someone's finger always helps too. It worked for both Tolkien and Stephen R. Donaldson.

Anonymous said...

I caught some movie this weekend part way through. It hooked me unexpectedly. To make a long story short, this old lady asked the love of her life if he believed that their love was magic enough to take them together. The next day they are both found dead.
It was a t.v. movie, but it was pretty good.
Love-Magic? I don't know yet.

Anonymous said...

Claire... thanks for giving Brian's book the thumbs up

yes, I think true love is real
magic... oooooooh, but I would

lotsa luv ann xxxxx