Monday, September 18, 2006

Why I love the blogosphere

I used to think that blogging was kind of silly. I have come to love the blogosphere. I love reading random blogs. How else would I see a sensitive Russian teenager's photography? I could have translated the text in oh, about 10 hours, reaching back thirty years to my old Russian lessons in high school, but the photos told the story. How else could I read about other people's struggles with epilepsy? I wanted my son to read them too. It might help him to see he's not alone. He still lives in the land of denial (me: honey, read some of these blogs written by other people like you. him: those f***ing people aren't like me!^ end of subject^) How else could I discover all the other women out there who also feel invisible, even with their own families? It is not something I am currently experiencing but I remember the horrid lonely feeling I got when I realized that nobody was listening. Best of all, the blogosphere allows escape into pure fantasyland when I get to peek into the life of the irrepressible mrs.bg. Little does she know that I have a burning crush on her husband! But then again I see that a lot of women of all ages and sensiblities seem to love bg. How does she handle the jealousy?? I'm sure I'll 'tune in' for another segment and find out. I'll bet lots of women are always coming on to her man. He has a certain combination of characteristics that drive women crazy. Of course, he's married and I do not approve of chasing after other women's husbands. After all, it only causes other women severe pain as I well know! Anyway I'd love to see mrs.bg kick some skank's ass. What fun.
See, now I still think blogging is a little bit silly, but hey, it is a great way to connect with people all over the world and see that you are not alone. There's really nothing silly about that , is there?

2 comments:

ann said...

.... nothing at all. I have come across so many wonderful people and made some awesome friends.

What I like is that I can express myself and get a word in... hmmmmm... but my family do not share my interest in blogging; they positively hate me being on the computer, but that's another whole story...

keep writing.... keep visiting.... keep smiling
keep well....

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

ann said...

I'm not one iota jealous... I know he has his admirers which makes me realise how darn lucky I am to have bagged such a wonderful man... the perfect husband... hmmmm! Just wish I could be the perfect wife... sigh!

Of course he is only married in blogdom... if the powers that be don't allow him even a girlfriend on loci... my goodness what would they make of a troublesome wife... LOL

There's only one rival I have a problem with and, time permitting to actually get a story out, Bobby has plans to help me learn to "kick ass" ... but more of that later

mwahx mwahx mwahx