Saturday, January 13, 2007

Guitar Heroine: This is Fun


I have been burning up the PS2 lately playing this game. I'm happy to report that I played "Freebird" today at 83% on 'easy'. Ha ha, that is so lame compared with all the young guys around here that play on 'expert'. Actually we have the latest version Guitar Hero II, which allows you to play with another person (either competitively or cooperatively). All I can say is that it is fun and does not involve shooting people, jacking cars and blowing the heads off creepy monster-killers in very creative ways. Most of the songs are great fun- classic rock mainly. All the kids around these parts are now interested in classic rock, so I cannot see a downside to granting permission to use your music. Watching the colored dots moving on the screen is oddly relaxing and hypnotic and because a lot of the music is good, this is not a background annoyance the way other video games are. You know, gunshots, explosions, chainsaws and screaming are not that fun to listen to when you are in the kitchen cooking dinner. "Shout at the Devil" , "Surrender", and "Carry on Wayward Son" - that I can do.

12 comments:

JoJo said...

Is this a video or computer game? I've never heard of it, but it sure sounds like fun to be able to play classic rock tunes!

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Good for You!! My older son has spent the last week either killing people with swords in a new game or playing (badly) on his electric guitar. This sounds like a game we need to invest in!

Claire said...

val- if only...
jojo- it is a video game and the controller is a guitar-like instrument.
K+ - the guys started playing it last summer and eagerly awaited the Nov. release of guitar hero II. Santa was kind enough to get one for our whole fam because by that point we all played. Next up- Guitar Hero III -the middle aged people's version. There is no expert mode cuz we can't move our fingers that fast, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,

Thanks for stopping by. Always nice to hear from you. Hope you had a good weekend.

Sassy Dewy

xo

fezzi said...

sounds fun! think my crews a little too young, i'm holding off on the video game stuff as long as i can:)

robkroese said...

Play Freebird!!!

Somebody had to say it.

Malnurtured Snay said...

No Meatloaf?! WTF.

Claire said...

fezzi- good luck with that!

diesel- It's 'Stairway to Heaven' that you aren't allowed to say.

ms- yeah that sucks. I think he does infomercials for hydroxycut now though.

G said...

I'll just stand here with a lighter up in the air. Thanks for the visit and nice place you have here.

Anonymous said...

Morning Claire,

How are you doing today?

Sassy Dewy

xo

robkroese said...

Play Stairway!

Aza said...

I've thought about picking this game up...I'm completely hooked on all things DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). Everyone I've shown it to goes nuts and buys it. I used to play for fun with my niece- since I've quit smoking I play to keep the pounds off.