Friday, May 25, 2007

A Porch With a View....

or what twenty-somethings do when they get bored. In the middle of the night. With their sister's chalk. I often say Test Case is 21 going on 17. He would be SO insulted if he heard me say that. Hey, I have evidence:




Happy Face Court, it's like crop circles
without the aliens


The plans for said court drawing:



Last weekend, it was the Gangsta/Gangster party. That's my pride and joy on the right.
Complete with 'grill'. He toils away at his restaurant job so he can have all the latest accessories.


But then he has to go and be a bad influence on his little sister...
(who then had to run across the street and see the decorations only to be summarily booted out by big brother)




To be fair these fellows have theme parties throughout the year and they have done Hollywood, Halloween, GQ, and Luau parties as well.
So he's not the towering intellectual I dreamed he'd be back when he was 5 and he knew the scientific names of all the dinosaurs. He's alive. He's working. He does his best to keep track of his meds so he doesn't wind up a gibbering idiot from time to time. Once in a while he enjoys a good party. Big Picture Idea: I'm fine with that.
Could he do more? Yes, and hopefully he will figure out what he wants to do with the rest of his life. He is on his own timetable.

14 comments:

Malnurtured Snay said...

How the eff did you draw that circle damn near so perfect?

G said...

Back to the post - everything in its own good time. I am sure I will live to remind myself of those words. Theme parties sound fun. I just hope he doesn't go into the wrong part of town with the wrong colors.

Great pictures and your daughter is adorable.

G said...

Skip that back to the post part.

val said...

Well, he could be tearing up the neighbourhood, so a smiley face seems pretty nice to me.

Jane said...

I gotta tell ya...I really like the happy face!

Claire said...

snay -all I know is that involved 3 twenty-somethings, some rope and chalk.

g -lucky for me there are no wrong colors, areas or even gangs that I know of in this town

val -in keeping with the theme, I'd have to say "True dat!"

tess - yeah, it's kinda cute

Anonymous said...

Very creative, but me thinks a waste of time. :)

Now if he'd only have a girls rule theme party, now we're cooking.

Rose

xo

JoJo said...

Well you know what they say about guys and how they mature much slower than girls....he's very creative and sounds like a good kid. They did draw the circle really perfectly!

kris said...

things could be much worse, you're right, he works, he's alive, a good kid:) your daughter is a cutie;)

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I think you have got it in one - wise words, girl. If all you want is for your kids to be happy, then you'll let them get there in their own good time. Kudos.

Anonymous said...

The smiley face is sweeeet! That should let you know that they are alright. I hope you are around to offer advice when my girls get older!

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Hmmn - the circles are cute. They could be up to much worse! And our sons share a similar fascination with dinosaurs. At the same age, mine knew more about dinosaurs than I ever wanted to know. I was certain he would grow up to be a palenotologist - but he's going to be a history teacher! However, it was excellent practice for my younger son - who was blown away by the ease with which I pronouced "parasauralophos" and "celophysis!"

Jocelyn said...

The fact that there are plans for that drawing...so funny.

"He is on his own timetable." Typed like an excellent parent.

Jacob said...

A Gangsta Outlet Store. He needs to open a store with a whole line of Gangsta accoutrement. He could even call it: "Grand Mal Outlet."

Okay, I'm trying to HELP!