Friday, October 27, 2006

My House: The Other City Zoo


We love pets here, maybe a little too much. Here's the laundry list: 2 dogs, 3 cats, a 4 ft. Iguana, 2 firebelly toads, 2 hermit crabs, 1 guinea pig and a rescued meadow vole (-it was about to be eaten by a cat and my sweet daughter wouldn't let that happen. Yes I know normal people PAY to have such things exterminated). To the left is Crissy-best dog ever (the anti-Marley). Over on the right is my soccer playin', ass-kickin' daughter with her cat Tiger and Toby, the rescued flat-coat retriever with issues. He is a little portly due to having been starved in an earlier life. It's hard to keep him on a diet. I have a little experience with that problem, but only a little- ha ha.
We got the Iguana long ago because the boys wanted a snake. I didn't want to deal with feeding a snake, so we got the lizard which is a nice vegetarian. However about five years later we rescued a red tail boa which a neighbor kid had starved. So guess what? I got stuck with the care and feeding of both reptiles! I found a good home for the snake after we had her for a few years. Defrosting dead rats and dangling them in front of her got to be a bit of a drag. Ignacia is potty trained to a cat box filled with water, plus she spends summers outside on my bedroom
porch.
Oh no, Test Case just walked in and discovered that I have a blog. He's mad cuz I didn't put a picture of Jigs, his cat in the post. I've sworn him to secrecy with the promise to move his laundry into the dryer when he goes to work. TTFN

4 comments:

bogusboobs said...

Pretty little girl! Where can I get one of those faux leopard-skin hats for my little girl!???!

ann said...

you had one of those hissy creepy slippery slidy things .... eeeeeek... the rest are ok, but those.... no no no no no

Kat Campbell said...

Home zoos are fabulous. I grew up with 3 dogs, 2 cats, saltwater fish, a horse and a toucan bird. My siblings and I are very nurturing people. That soccer playing daughter is a cutie!

val said...

All the best folks have a menagerie.