Monday, July 09, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig

Ten days in Virginia might have been too much or not enough, depending...
Thank G-d I had the Warrior Princess by my side.
I saw All my sibs, one only briefly. Most of that was good fun that was funny. Then there was the drunken outburst from one brother that led me to declare him "a douche bag" to his face. I'm not sorry, cuz he really was acting like an asshole.
My mother was acting strangely childlike and it caused me to gaze upon her with a fearful eye, yet in some very important ways she is living her best life ever.
Auntie was friendly and nice, all faculties intact. The remaining non-drunken sibs and their offspring were for the most part friendly and we enjoyed getting to know them again. I like WP to hang out with her cousins, she doesn't have any here.
WP and I spent some real quality time together exploring D.C. She's only 11, so we still get along fabulously.
Back on the home front, the guys kept all animals healthy (and -bonus!- the house didn't smell bad!). Most of the plants and my garden survived. We were missed. I brought gifts.
Happy, happy, joy, joy.

16 comments:

JoJo said...

Glad to hear that you guys are home safe and had, for the most part, a good time. Visiting family is fun, but it sure is nice to get home again.

val said...

So by and large peace was declared? Members of my family are VERY funny drunks, so I enjoy drunken get-togethers.

Jacob said...

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Welcome home.

And isn't it great when you get back and the house doesn't smell like PET ASS? Sweet.

G said...

There's no place like home. It sounds like a typical family gathering - the good with the bad. welcome back!

Deadman said...

Welcome home. Whadja bring me?

:o)>

robkroese said...

Glad to have you back, Claire. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Claire. It sounds like fun was had by all. Especially since you get to return home a continent away.

Take the rest of the week off and relax.

Rose

xo

Anonymous said...

I love the title!!!!!!!!
Glad that your whole trip wasn't bad.

Claire said...

Hey everybody, there's no place like home, fo sho!
Gawpo, you are haunting me! Last night my cat hunted down and ate a big grasshopper that got in my house (crunch, crunch). Then, today, my dog rolled in something that smelled disturbingly like rotten ASS. I had to give him an immediate bath. Yuck.

kris said...

so glad you had a good trip;) i think i stayed one more day than was good for us in ohio. i wonder what the magic number is with visits....

Jane said...

Welcome home Claire!! Sounds like you're back in the swing of things :)

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ah, the best think about going away, is coming home again. Is it only me, or does your house feel different, slightly altered (no, I don't mean by the wild parties thrown in your absence) as if it's subtley rearranged itself while your back was turned?

(Maybe I should start taking my meds again.)

Axe said...

LOL Val & Madi.

Hey C, sounds like it wasn't too nightmarish, huh? Its great and seems to have done you a world of good.

The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

So glad you are home safely and had a basically good time. I always find I need a vacation to recover from visiting family - we are off this coming Friday to visit my brother and his family!

Anonymous said...

Claire, i'm such a DORK! i can't believe i welcomed you back on the Snark, and didn't take a nano-second to do so, here! mea culpa, girlfriend!

SO glad you had a grand time... we lived in Virginia the 1st two years we were married -- moved there straight from Fresno. aieeee! (i wasn't a huge fan of all things "Richmond"/"the South") ah well, at least the heat wasn't too much of a shock, what with you two coming out in summer and all!

the boys kept the house nice??? please tell me how you managed to get them to do THAT! : ) xox

Jocelyn said...

The best of all is the fun you had with the WP. Cool. That stuff is worth wading through any amount of dumb douchebag relations.

And what kinds of gifts did the males score?